1:28pm Tuesday, 17 January BlueMountainsAustralia.com
Blue Mountains Cultural Centre
The Blue Mountains Cultural Centre features the Blue Mountains City Art Gallery and World Heritage Exhibition which is devoted to education about the distinctive environment, history and culture of the Blue Mountains region. The Cultural Centre is co-located with the new Katoomba Library.
The Cultural Centre showcases innovative, diverse, distinctive and creative cultural programs for enjoyment by residents of, and visitors to, the Blue Mountains.
Being the first publicly owned and managed, purpose designed facility of the arts to be constructed in the Blue Mountains, it is expected that the development will significantly contribute to the improvement of the economic health and cultural vitality of the Blue Mountains and the surrounding regions.
Additional features of the Cultural Centre include:
- Foyer – providing cultural and visitor information
- Theatrette/Seminar room – for seminars, talks and presentations
- Multi-purpose Workshop – for educational public programs
- Cultural Centre Restaurant / Café – for fine food and outdoor dining
- Cultural Centre Shop – providing quality craft and mementos of the Blue Mountains Region
- Two public courtyards and a scenic viewing platform – providing opportunities for outdoor events and spectacular views over the Jamison Valley
Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm
Saturday + Sunday – 10am – 4pm
Public Holidays – 10am – 2pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
How To Get Here..
Car – There is parking available within the Cultural Centre building that is accessible from Parke Street.